Thursday, March 22, 2007

Well, how did I get here?

I'm sitting on a barstool, which along with a futon, is the only furniture in my new room in my new home in New Orleans. I now live on the corner of St. Peter and Burgundy Streets in the heart of the French Quarter. I live above "The Front Page", a gay bar owned by a couple named Tarzan and Frederick. INXS' "Devil Inside" is pulsing its way through the floor, into my foot, and up my spine. Across the street is a hotel whose history of paranormal activity has earned a stop on the "Haunted New Orleans" tours.

Well, how did I get here, indeed?

2 comments:

takinchances said...

Marco!!!

Congrats on your new place and your new job. It sounds absolutely fabulous and full of adventures.

Soak it all up! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

-Punkin

JWC said...

Yo, you better not become some sorta Saints fan while you're livin' it up down there. Have you read A Confederacy of Dunces? If not, you should, it will give you inspiration...